We often get asked if we can host private one on one classes.
Until now, due to limited availability we have always had to decline. We are now offering certain skills based classes that are all 1 hour long. These are for targeted skills or topics condensed down to a 1 hour session.
How this works:
Pick a topic from the below list. Once selected, complete check out, and someone will reach out to you from Rescued Furnishings to firm up your choice and work with you to schedule a time slot with Brandt or Nicole.
1) Glazing- Work with Nicole on a piece you have already painted or she can provide a few sample doors for you to learn to achieve an all over glaze or inking line that you desire. One hour will provide ample time for practice on samples or to glaze your already finished piece.
2) Sealing- Work with Nicole on a piece you have already painted or on samples that she provides to learn how to achieve a smooth finish every time.
3) Gel Stain- Learn to stain your existing piece of wood furniture without stripping. You may bring a small piece to learn on or use samples provided by Nicole.
4) Furniture Painting- This class is a condensed session of our Furniture Painting Class. You will learn all the possible steps and go through a few sample boards to learn how to do each step that is taught in class. If you are wanting to bring a full piece to paint from start to finish with Nicole please purchase 2 hours. The class will run 3 hours long but you only pay for 2. The guidelines for furniture is that you must be able to carry it on your own. No Chairs please.
5) Crown Molding- This is for those that already know how to use a miter saw but want to tackle their own crown molding. Brandt will skip over the stuff you already know and get directly into the focus of crown molding. Angle finding, cutting, and installing. A perfect cut can look bad installed and a bad cut can look good if you know what you are doing. He will go over the ins and outs with you and you will get a template to take home with you.
6) Intro to Power Tools- Are you too intimidated to even take a class? Want to learn to build but really want to start at the basics before you take a class? Join Nicole or Brandt for an hour. They will teach you how to comfortably and confidently use a drill, nail gun, sander, and miter saw.
All classes are held at 2714 Lafayette Ave, St. Louis, MO 63104. Street parking and gated lot available.
Any reservations must be cancelled 14 days in advance for a full refund. If we do not have a waiting list, refunds beyond this date will not be available.